HiDAV Summer Boot Camp
ENABLE plans to host a seven-week summer boot camp each year called HiDAV -Health Informatics Data Analytics and Visualization for underrepresented minority students currently enrolled in undergraduate programs. The face-to-face boot camp will expose students to Biomedical Health Informatics (BMHI) principles and encourage them to explore advanced training or careers in BMHI. Our curriculum will emphasize health care data management, data analytics and data visualization. Boot camp recruitment will target students lacking exposure to BMHI coursework, and the program will serve as a bridge to help boost their confidence and increase their awareness of the field.
Students will gain a broad introduction to data analysis, data visualization, electronic health records management, human-computer interaction and other technical subjects, as well as develop leadership skills. The boot camp will be taught by UNC-Chapel Hill faculty with guest lectures delivered by our industry partner experts. Students will also receive mentorship from our industry partners.
Our aim is to provide ENABLE boot camp attendees with both the skills and the inspiration to persevere in their academic careers and to pursue their interest in becoming members of the BMHI workforce.
Apply - Dates: May 24 - July 9th 2021. Please do not apply unless you can commit to being present for the duration of the program.
Please be advised that prereading of selected program related texts is required for all admitted students before the start of boot camp.
WHY APPLY TO THE SUMMER BOOT CAMP?
- It is free: you do not have to pay for tuition or room, meals and board
- The applicants receive a stipend
- You will learn Health Informatics concepts and skills in Data Analytics and Data Visualization, and you will also develop leadership skills
- It is an opportunity to collaborate with students who have similar interests
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Students who have an interest in the Health Informatics field
- Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
- We encourage students from underrepresented minority groups who are interested in careers in public health, health informatics, or related fields
- Must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Must be 18 years or older
Preference is given to students who are currently enrolled in NC A&T or Bennett College.
HOW SHOULD I APPLY TO THE ENABLE SUMMER BOOT CAMP?
- Fill out the application form.
- Email your personal statement and transcript. Your personal statement should not be more than 500 words. It should include: why you are interested in this program, how this program will help you in your career and what is your future goal. Please email everything to - Shikha Yadav, ENABLE Program Coordinator, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (919.962.2208).)
- If you have any questions about the ENABLE HiDAV boot camp, please contact Shikha Yadav, ENABLE Program Coordinator, by email (email@example.com) or phone (919.962.2208).